Blood Service Helsinki, Kivihaka
- Opening Times
- Mon to Thu 11 am - 6 pm and
Fri 9 am - 6 pm.
Easter: closed on Good Friday 7 April, open Mon 10 April. from 11 am to 6 pm.
At the moment we are open primarily for donors who have booked an appointment. Book an appointment
- Contact Information
- Tel +358 29 300 1020
Information & advice: +358 800 0 5801
(Mon-Fri 8 am–5 pm)
Book an appointment here.
We also welcome you without an appointment. We have almost daily free times for extempore visits – especially between 1-3 pm.
Blood donors are needed constantly every weekday in order for patients to receive the blood products they need.
Information about restrictions for blood donation and preventive measures during the COVID-19 pandemic here.
- Group donation: book a blood donation appointment for your group in advance by calling the Blood Service unit number +358 29 300 1020 (Mon to Thu from 11 am to 6 pm and Fri from 9 am to 4 pm).
- A good size for a group is 4 to 10 people at a time. If necessary, groups with at least four people will be given a free taxi ride both ways (taxi card, self-reservation for taxi, max. 20 km/direction).
Platelet donation (apheresis unit)
Mon to Thu from 9 am to 7 pm and Fri from 9 am to 6 pm, by appointment only.
Book an appointment: tel. +358 29 300 1884 or in the Internet.
- The last appointments for apheresis begin at 5 pm from Mon to Thu and at 4 pm on Fri.
- Read more about donating platelets.
Arrival instructions and parking
- HSL Journey Planner
- There are several free parking spaces reserved for blood donors on the yard of Blood Service Helsinki, Kivihaka