We continue to care about the safety of blood donors even in exceptional circumstances. As such, we are changing some practices at blood donation sites as of 18 March 2020.
- Where possible, we recommend booking an appointment at blood service centres or other donation points.
- Only blood donors are allowed to enter the donation area. Children or escorts may not accompany donors to the donation point during the pandemic.
- Blood donors are immediately checked upon arrival to confirm that they do not have any flu-like symptoms.
- Each donor is directed to wash or disinfect their hands upon arrival.
- Restrictions will be in place to limit the number of people attending the blood service point at the same time.
- We advise that a distance of at least one metre should be kept from other donors attending the blood service point.
- We have increased the level of cleaning at our premises and our staff have been instructed to stay at home if they have any flu-like symptoms.
It is essential that healthy people continue to donate blood. Severely ill patients and others in dire need, such as victims of accidents, need blood products on a daily basis during the epidemic period.
Details on the current blood service points and their opening hours can be found here.